|Saturday, Mar 2, 2019 11:00 – Sunday, Mar 3, 2019 18:21|
|The National Piping Centre, Glasgow, Scotland|
This is an invitation to an event to celebrate an exciting new ERASMUS music project - Kodály HUB: Sing, Learn, Share - on Saturday 2nd March, 2019.
This project began in 2017, with the aim of developing new and exciting educational materials and methodologies based on the principles of Zoltan Kodály.
The Royal Conservatoire of Scotlandand NYCOS have been developing these materials, alongside international partners in Budapest, Hungary and The Hague, Netherlands.
This event will be a celebration of the culmination of the project, which has included the creation of an exciting new online resource - the Kodály HUB.
The day will include a range of demonstrations, workshops and performances, including:
• Key-note presentations from Lucinda Geoghegan (Director of Creative Learning for NYCOS and RCS Lecturer), Dr László Norbert Nemes (Director of the Kodály
Institute, Budapest) and Suzanne Konings (Head of Music Theory, Royal Conservatoire of the Hague)
• Performances by students from the RCS and NYCOS
• Demonstration workshops of new educational materials created for the project
• Introduction and demonstration of the Kodály HUB - a new, free online learning resource for teachers and music educators
• Discussions on the Scottish Education system and the importance of singing in music education.
The event will run from 10 - 5pm on Saturday 2nd March, 2019, at The National Piping Centre, 30-34 McPhater St, Glasgow G4 0HW. The event is free to attend and will include
complimentary refreshments throughout the day.
In addition, Dr László Norbert Nemes and Lucinda Geoghegan will be offering a free Kodály musicianship workshop in Glasgow on Sunday 3rd March from 10-3pm for anyone attending
the above event on Saturday. This is optional.
If you would like to attend, please RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday 1st February. Please note that spaces are limited. Please ensure that you state whether you
will attend only on Saturday or also on Sunday.
An official agenda for the day will follow.
Please feel free to share the above invitation with your colleagues.