|Saturday, Jun 15, 2019 10:00 – Sunday, Jun 16, 2019 16:00|
|University of Huddersfield|
Kodály Certificate Foundation Level CPD Certified Course
Module FC02 – 15th & 16th June 2019, University of Huddersfield HD1 3DH
Are you a Nursery or Primary teacher looking for practical ideas to support music teaching in your school?
This CPD Accredited course is for you! NO PREVIOUS MUSICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED!
This course is aimed at those with little or no previous musical training or those who are completely new to Kodály Inspired Music Education. You will go away equipped with ideas to immediately use in your teaching and receive an introduction to what is meant by the term Kodály Inspired Music Education.
The course will cover the following topics:
- The importance of singing, games and movement in the Early Years/Primary Education
- Develop confidence as a leader of singing activities
- Helping children understand the basic building blocks of music: Beat, Rhythm, Pitch, Dynamics, Tempo, Phrasing and Timbre
- Using simple classroom percussion to support a singing based curriculum
- How music benefits all areas of the curriculum – specifically literacy, numeracy, health and wellbeing
- Encouraging creativity in the classroom
Can’t manage both modules but still interested? No problem – each module is self-contained and you can catch up on the other part at another time!
Module FC02 – £155